Jansen produces an intensive aviary system with manure belts and aeration tubes to provide a high density operation with low ammonia emissions. Advantages include: more hatching eggs per bird, minimum of floor eggs, soft nest padding, higher bird density, better climate resulting in lower risk of diseases, less manure.
A modern, enriched cage system for housing commercial layers, the VolMaxx system from Jansen Poultry Equipment is designed to comply with the most recent European regulations for poultry rearing. It is a more-tier system that allows for private nesting, group perching and foraging. It optimizes space in poultry houses by utilizing 22% more living area compared to other enriched cages, which results in a lower investment cost per bird.
Example: House size 50' x 300'
VolMaxx 6 tiers and 4 rows at 72 in2 per bird = 108,864 birds
The equivalent of 39% more birds than a traditional cage system
Each individual section is 2.40 x 2.08 m
Each section includes:
- An integrated chain feeding system accessible from both sides
- A nipple-drinking line with nine nipples and dripcups
- Professional laying nest for optimal egg quality
- Scratch mats with feed drop spots
- Various perching tubes
- Twin-World slats to minimize the risk of red mite
- Integrated low-resistance manure drying tubes
The system can be extended with:
- Automatic egg collection and cross conveyor belts
- Manure cross belts
- Control platforms or inspection lorries (depending on height)